This year’s East Midlands Regional Schools competition will be held at Loughborough Leisure Centre. The competition is being held on Sunday 4th December from 9am to 4pm.
For all the latest information, timetable etc. please check the BSGA Website!
All members of Nightflyers are invited to take part, as well as selected bouncers from the recreation sessions. Toni will be making the decision as to which bouncers from the recreation session have sufficient skills to take part in the competition.
The competition is not run by any education authority, but entirely by unpaid volunteers from local trampoline clubs, in association with the British Schools Gymnastics Association (BSGA).
Teams and individuals who do well can progress to the ‘Zonal’ competition in January, and from there to the National Finals.
How to enter
- The entry form and more information can be found at ???. The form needs to be submitted electronically by each school or individual competitor.
- All competitors must be affiliated to BSGA. This can be done through the following website: http://www.bsga.org. Only one annual affiliation is needed per school (£12 for primary, £18 for secondary and £6 for individuals (worthwhile if there are only one or two entrants from your school). You may wish to approach your child’s school to see if they would be willing to pay the affiliation fee (and maybe the entry fee too!) on behalf of your child.
- Once you have a BSGA affiliation number, you will need to complete the entry form.
- Please see the instruction tab on the entry form for further information as to how to complete the form.
- All communication regarding the competition (including timings etc) will be sent to the email address provided on the form. Therefore, you might wish to use your personal email address as emails to the school may not be passed on. (If you want to put multiple email addresses, separate them with a semi-colon)
- Once you have completed please send an electronic copy to Chris Edwards as per the instructions.
- At this stage, you will also need to print off a copy of the entry form and arrange for this to be signed by your Head of PE and your Head Teacher. This signing panel can be found at the bottom of the payment tab. If your school does not have a head of PE/teacher willing to sign this panel, then Toni Jantschenko will be happy to sign the form as Team Manager.
- Finally, the form and the entry fee of £10 should be sent in the post to the address provided.
- Entry forms need to be submitted by 4th November 2016 Entries received after this date will not be processed so please make sure your school submit the entry on time if you are leaving it to them to process.
On the Day
The competition will run from 9am – 5pm, though competitors are normally only required to be there for either the morning or the afternoon session.
Timings for the event will usually be released a week before the competition and will be emailed to the contacts on the entry and form and also put on www.nightflyers.co.uk
Please aim to arrive an hour before you are due to warm up (the times in the timetable are the warm up start times). If you are competing at 9.00 though, aim for 8.30.
Please feel free to invite your teachers to the competition – the more teachers/coaches the better.
The routines for the competition are listed below.
All competitions will do 2 routines – a ‘Set’ and a ‘Voluntary’. Toni or Chris will advise you as to which routine you will be doing and whether you will also be doing a different voluntary routine on your second round.
Competition Set Routines